Best Time To Go
December - April
£2500 per person
3 out of 5
Located around 26km from Lapland’s capital, the Arctic Snow Hotel offers glass igloos and a hotel carved of ice for its lucky visitors. Spend five nights here and meet friendly reindeers, explore snowy terrain on snowshoes and hunt for the elusive aurora after dark.
Day 1 | Arrive in Finnish Lapland
Arrive in Finnish Lapland and transfer to the Arctic Snow Hotel for five nights. Enjoy lunch on arrival and take some time to explore. Perhaps join the guided tour of the Snow Hotel at 2pm. You may access your glass igloo at 3pm. In the evening, dine in the Ice Restaurant and head to the Ice Bar for a drink.
Day 2 | Reindeer Sleigh Ride
Visit a local reindeer farm and meet the herders before a 1.5km ride in a sleigh pulled by the reindeer. Soup and a dessert will be served while you listen to stories about reindeer herding and wilderness life in Lapland. Return to the Arctic Snow Hotel and in the evening dine in the Log Restaurant.
Day 3 | Ice Fishing & Snowshoe Excursion
Head to a local lake with a guide and learn to drill a hole in the ice ready for ice fishing. After lunch join a guided snowshoe excursion. Explore the beautiful nearby lake and snow-covered forest. Stop for a break by a campfire with hot drinks and roasted sausages. In the evening, dine in Kota.
Day 4 | Sauna & Leisure
Spend the day at leisure or pre-book optional excursions today. When darkness falls, enjoy a private sauna experience. Sample the traditional sauna, as well as a unique sauna made of ice, and relax under the stars in the outdoor jacuzzi keeping a lookout for the aurora overhead.
Day 5 | Rovaniemi
Take the bus at midday into Rovaniemi. Explore the shops and town and perhaps visit the museum. In the evening why not dine at Restaurant Nili before a taxi takes you back to the Arctic Snow Hotel for your final night in your glass igloo.
Day 6 | Departure Day
Bid farewell to Finnish Lapland and transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Return private airport transfers
- Five nights accommodation in a glass-roofed igloo
- A visit to a reindeer farm including a 1.5km reindeer sleigh ride
- A ice fishing excursion to a local lake
- A guided snowshoe hike
- A sauna experience including time in a traditional sauna, an ice sauna and the outdoor jacuzzi
- A guided tour of the Arctic Snow Hotel
- A taxi transfer from Nili Restaurant in Rovaniemi to the Arctic Snow Hotel
- 1 x Lunch for two on arrival
- 1 x Dinner for two in the Ice Restaurant
- 1 x Dinner for two in the Kota Restaurant
- 2 x Dinner for two in the Log Restaurant
- A table reservation at Restaurant Nili in the centre of Rovaniemi
- Winter clothing is provided for the duration of your stay
Excursions may occur in a different order, depending on availability, timings and weather, but all are included in your stay.
A transfer service runs from the Arctic Snow Hotel to the centre of Rovaniemi several times each day and costs 17 euros per person.
A selection of food for lunch can be purchased at the Kota restaurant daily.
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing an igloo at Arctic Snow Hotel. Get in touch to find out about more Finnish hotels and other igloos beneath the skies.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.