£--- per person
4 out of 5
Lapland’s capital Rovaniemi, is an Arctic playground where resident reindeer outnumber the people. Visit the man in red at his official home, spend nights snuggled up in your cosy treehouse searching for the northern lights and enjoy days taking part in exhilarating excursions through the glittering wilderness. With so many wonderful experiences to enjoy, family memories are made here.
Day 1 | Arrive in Lapland's Capital
On arrival transfer to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel and check in for a four night stay. Once you’ve settled in, why not head outside and enjoy some time in the snow? Later enjoy dinner in the restaurant and keep a watchful eye for the Northern Lights from the comfort of your very own treehouse.
Day 2 | Reindeer Sled Ride & Snowmobile Safari
Visit a reindeer farm where you will meet reindeer herders, feed the reindeer and enjoy a sleigh ride before drinks and a pastry at the farm. Return to the hotel to enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, embark on a snowmobile safari where you will ride forest trails around Santa Claus Village. Enjoy the beautiful winter scenery and stop for sausages cooked on an open fire and hot berry juice. Return to the Arctic Treehouse for dinner.
Day 3 | Ranua Wildlife Park
Today, you will travel one hour to Ranua Wildlife Park. Home to approximately 50 Arctic species and 200 animals, you will meet brown bears, polar bears, lynxes, foxes and numerous birds. Winter clothing, lunch and guiding is included on this educational day trip. Return to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel in the afternoon and enjoy dinner in the restaurant in the evening.
Day 4 | Husky Sled Ride
Huskies are born to run! Today you will visit a husky farm to meet your very own team of sled dogs and learn from an expert guide how to steer your team of dogs through the snowy wilderness before hot drinks and cookies. You will return to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel for lunch and some afternoon leisure before your final overnight stay in Lapland’s capital.
Day 5 | Departure Day
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Return airport transfers from Rovaniemi Airport to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel (transfer time approx. 15 minutes)
- Four nights in a Treehouse Suite at the Arctic Treehouse Hotel on a half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- A two hour visit to a reindeer farm
- A three hour snowmobile safari including sausages cooked on an open fire and hot berry drinks
- A two and a half hour husky safari including warm drinks and cookies
- A four to five hour day trip to Rauna Wildlife Park including lunch
- Winter clothing (full body suits, gloves, hats, boots, socks and balaclavas) for all excursions
- As you are close to Rovaniemi town centre (around 12 minutes by taxi) transfers can be organised to take you into the town to explore the shops and enjoy a lunch, or perhaps visit the museum
The price of this suggestion is based on five people sharing two twin rooms with en suites and child beds in Finland's Arctic Treehouse hotel. Get in touch to find out about more places to stay in Lapland's capital.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.