£1500 per person
3 out of 5
This three-night break takes you to Rovaniemi, Lapland's capital. This Arctic playground offers a whole host of winter activities to keep your days entertained. And, in a country with a winter that lasts around 200 days, the Northern Lights can be seen swirling overhead from late August to mid-April. Spend evenings unwinding in your own private sauna or relaxing round the cosy glow of the log burner in your very own winter chalet.
Day 1 | Arrive in Lapland
Arrive in Finnish Lapland and transfer to Rovaniemi for lunch in a local café. After lunch, make your way to the excursion office in town to get in winter clothing ready for an afternoon snowshoe trek through the surrounding forest. After the walk, you will be taken to your chalet to check in for a three night stay. Relax around the log fire and make your way to the nearby Sky Hotel for dinner in the evening.
Day 2 | Snowmobile Safari
After breakfast at the Sky Hotel, you will be collected by minibus and taken to get your winter clothing ready to embark on a full-day snowmobile excursion crossing frozen lakes and weaving through snowy forest. A hot lunch will be prepared over an open fire in a cabin in the wilderness before you make your way back to Rovaniemi. Once returned to your chalet, why not enjoy a sauna before heading out for dinner at the Sky Hotel in the evening.
Day 3 | Husky Safari
Today you will enjoy a short visit to a husky farm and a ride through the forest driving your own team of dogs. In the afternoon, why not spend some time exploring the shops and local museum in Rovaniemi. Later in the evening you will be collected from the chalet and taken to dine out at Restaurant Nili in the centre of Rovaniemi.
Day 4 | Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer back to Rovaniemi Airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Return airport transfers from Rovaniemi Airport to the Lakituvat Chalet (check in at the accommodation is 3pm so if you are on an early flight you will be taken to a cafe for lunch in the town before either taking part in a snowshoe walk or being take to your chalet)
- Return transfers from the Lakituvat Chalets to Restaurant Nili on the last night
- Three nights accommodation at the Lakituvat Chalets in Rovaniemi
- Half-board basis (breakfast and dinner at the Sky Hotel)
- A two hour guided snowshoe excursion with hot drinks
- A full day snowmobile excursion (6 hours) including lunch
- A two hour husky safari including hot drinks
- Winter clothing is provided for all excursions
- A table booked at Nili Restaurant in the centre of Rovaniemi on the last night. The price of the meal and drinks is not included in this quote.
The price of this suggestion is based on four people sharing a chalet.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.
Our Finland team would love to start planning your Winter Lapland Chalet holiday
Call todayReady for the wild?