£2070 per person
3.5 out of 5
Spend four nights at the beautiful Aurora Village and take part in a variety of Arctic activities. From snowmobiling through the Lappish forest and learning how to mush your own team of huskies, to a cross-country ski lesson and a peaceful sauna and Jacuzzi experience. You’ll feel refreshed, relaxed and revitalised from this short break in Lapland.
Day 1 | Arrive in Finnish Lapland
Fly to Finnish Lapland and transfer to Aurora Village for a four night stay in an Aurora Cabin. Settle in and explore before enjoying dinner in the resort's Loimu restaurant. Later, hop inside a covered and heated Aurora sleigh and relax as the guide will take you to a spot where the Northern Lights may be swirling overhead.
Day 2 | Reindeer Sleigh Ride
After breakfast, you’ll be given a bag of lichen and the friendly resident reindeer will come up close to feed out of your hand. Once breakfast is over for you and the reindeer, take a short reindeer sleigh ride before a snowmobile safari into the Lappish wilderness. With a guide leading the way, travel through winter forests and across a frozen river. Enjoy lunch cooked on an open fire before returning to relax and dine in the evening.
Day 3 | Husky Sled Ride
Today, head out into the wilderness on a sleigh pulled by energetic huskies! Ride in pairs with one person sitting in the sleigh and the other mushing before swapping halfway through. Enjoy lunch in the wilderness and learn about huskies from your guide, a professional musher. The sauna and Jacuzzi will be ready for your private use in the afternoon before dinner in evening.
Day 4 | Ice Karting
Try racing on ice and snow! Drive special winter go-karts on an icy track laid out in the forest near Aurora Village. The lap timing system will tell you how fast you raced and you may want to turn to your guide for some tips on how to tackle those slippery corners as fast as possible. Return for a hot drink before an ice fishing excursion to a local lake. After lunch, you’ll be fitted with ski boots, skis and poles ready for your cross country ski lesson. Later dine in the main building on your final evening in Lapland.
Day 5 | Departure Day
Rise early this morning and after breakfast, transfer to Ivalo Airport for your departure plans.
Where will I rest my head?
- Return private transfers from Ivalo Airport to Aurora Village
- Four nights accommodation in an Aurora Cabin on a full-board basis with meals being served in Restaurant Loimu and two lunches served on excursions.
- A reindeer feeding and photography experience
- A reindeer sleigh ride
- A two hour Aurora Sleigh adventure in search of the Northern Lights (hot drinks and snacks included)
- A four hour husky safari including lunch (2 people per sleigh)
- A four hour snowmobile safari including lunch (sharing snowmobiles)
- A two hour cross country ski lesson
- A one hour ice-karting race
- A one hour ice fishing trip to a local lake
- A ninety minute private sauna and Jacuzzi experience
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing an Aurora Cabin at Aurora Village. Get in touch to find out about more glass igloos and other Northern Lights experiences in Finnish Lapland.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.