£1390 per person
3 out of 5
Enjoy three nights in Tromso, spending days enjoying some of the key attractions in the city and taking part in excursions and activities late into the night, including a midnight sun cruise and a late night concert at the city's iconic Arctic Cathedral. Travel east to the magnificent Lyngen peninsula to relax for three nights at the beautiful boutique Lyngen Experience Lodge. Here, visit the stunning Blue Lake and stroll underneath the glow of the midnight sun.
Day 1 | Arrive in Tromsø & Midnight Sun Concert
Arrive in Norway's northernmost hub of Tromsø, a surprisingly lively place. The setting is glorious, on an island surrounded by mountains, and the city is home to several "world’s most northerly” descriptions – botanic gardens, cathedral, university, brewery... and traffic lights! Transfer to your city centre hotel for a three night stay. After dinner, relax and take a short stroll to the Arctic Cathedral for the 30 minute Midnight Sun concert. Image credit Christian Roth Christensen / Visitnorway.com
Day 2 | Arctic-Alpine Botanic Garden & Midnight Sun Safari
After breakfast, travel by bus to the Arctic-Alpine Botanic Garden, the world's northernmost botanic garden. The short but intense northern summer means there are new busy beauties blossoming every week. Return to Tromsø and perhaps take some time to visit the Polar Museum in the afternoon. At 9pm depart on a midnight sun safari. Drive to the fjords and see the famous sights, spot birds, animals and amazing mountain formations.
Day 3 | Midnight Sun Sailing Crusie
After breakfast, explore the city at leisure. In the afternoon, a historical walking tour of the city starts from the Tourist Information Centre that you may wish to join. Return to your hotel for dinner or choose form one of the many restaurants in the city. In the evening join a three hour Midnight Sun Sailing cruise aboard a comfortable catamaran at 10pm.
Day 4 | Cable Car & Lyngen Alps
Today, take the cable car up to the mountain ledge Storsteinen for a wonderful view of the city. Enjoy a traditional Norwegian waffle and a drink at restaurant Fjellstua at the very top. Make your way back to the city. You will be transferred to Lyngen Experience Lodge for a three night stay. Relax and perhaps use the sauna and Jacuzzi before enjoying a three course dinner served overlooking the beautiful Ulsfjord.
Day 5 | Lake Blåvatnet
Visit beautiful Blåvatnet, an intense blue coloured lake that stands in stark contrast to the steep mountains in the background. Getting there is an easy hike that suits all abilities. After a short drive of 25 minutes there is a walk of 1-1.5 hours. Most of the walk is in relatively gentle and flat terrain. The last stretchinvolves climbing over larger stones. There is hot food, tea, coffee and water served on the trip.
Day 6 | Midnight Sun Hike
Today can be spent at leisure at the lodge or you may wish to book another excursion. Enjoy dinner in the evening and later go on a midnight sun hike. An experienced guide will take you on a stroll from the lodge under the glow of the sun. Enjoy the most wonderful views as you relax around an open fire listening to the sound of the sea.
Day 7 | Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer back to Tromsø airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Airport transfers from Tromso Airport to the Clarion Hotel Aurora in Tromso
- Transfers from Clarion Hotel Aurora to Lyngen Experience Lodge (including ferry ticket)
- Transfers from Lyngen Experience Lodge to Tromso Airport (including ferry ticket)
- Three nights at the Clarion Hotel Aurora in Tromso including breakfast and dinner
- Three nights at Lyngen Experience Lodge on a full-board basis
- A ride on the cable car in Tromsø including a traditional Norwegian waffle and tea/coffee at the mountaintop restaurant - The cable car is open past midnight in summer, and from the mountain ledge Storsteinen, you can watch the midnight sun hover above Tromso and the peaks at Ringvassøya island.
- A 30 minute midnight sun concert at the Arctic Cathedral in Tromso
- A three hour midnight sun cruise aboard a comfortable catamaran
- A four hour midnight sun safari from Tromso
- A five hour trip to Blåvatnet lake (this trip includes around 2 to 2.5 hours gentle walking)
- A midnight sun walk at Lyngen Experience Lodge (details provided on arrival)
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing a superior double room at the Clarion Hotel Aurora in Tromso and a double or a twin room at Lyngen Experience Lodge
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.