£2055 per person
3 out of 5
Discover an Arctic wonderland high above the Arctic Circle in Sweden. Admire works of art at Icehotel —one of the world’s most famous hotels— before relaxing at a beautiful and cosy guesthouse, away from the hustle and bustle of busy life. Drive your own reindeer sled, steer a team of husky dogs through the wilderness, fish through the ice and search for the magical Northern Lights on this incredible winter adventure.
Day 1 | Arrive in Swedish Lapland
Arrive in Swedish Lapland and transfer to one of the world’s most incredible hotels. Featured on BBC’s Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby Icehotel must be seen to be believed. Check in to your warm hotel room for two nights.
Day 2 | Icehotel & Reindeer Sled Ride
After breakfast, enjoy a guided tour of the magnificent Icehotel. Learn about how a team of artists create this incredible place to stay every year. In the afternoon learn the art of reindeer sledding. Feed the reindeer and enjoy a sled ride before gathering around an open fire in a traditional Sámi lávvu tent for coffee and to taste the Sámi signature dish souvas.
Day 3 | Husky Safari & Northern Lights
Transfer to Lapland Guesthouse. Enjoy lunch on arrival and collect your winter suit before heading out on a husky safari into the snowy wilderness. Return to the guesthouse for dinner. After dark, venture outside on an excursion in search of the Northern Lights.
Day 4 | Ice Fishing
After breakfast, you’ll get ready for an ice fishing trip which includes lunch cooked on an open fire. Learn how to make a hole in the ice and fish whilst enjoying the peaceful surroundings. Return to the guesthouse in the afternoon. Why not relax in the sauna and outdoor hot tub before dinner in the main house? Or grab a pair of snowshoes and hike through the wintry forest trails.
Day 5 | Snowmobile Safari & Ice Sculpting
This morning, you’ll travel through the snowy forest by snowmobile. Stop for hot drinks and a snack and experience the silence of being in the great outdoors in the heart of Swedish Lapland. Return to the guesthouse for lunch and in the afternoon, try your hand at ice sculpting. You’ll be given a short instruction and all the tools you’ll need to create your own artistic piece of work!
Day 6 | Departure Day
After breakfast, bid farewell to Johan and the team at Lapland Guesthouse and transfer to Kiruna Airport for onward travel plans.
Where will I rest my head?
- Private transfers from Icehotel to Lapland Guesthouse and returning to Kittila Airport
- Two nights accommodation in a warm hotel room at Icehotel including breakfast
- Three nights accommodation at Lapland Guesthouse in Swedish Lapland on a full board basis
- A guided 45 minute tour of Icehotel
- A three hour reindeer and Sami excursion including hot drinks and snacks
- A two hour husky safari including hot drinks and snacks
- A two hour Northern Lights hunt including hot drinks and snacks
- A four hour ice fishing excursion including lunch
- A two hour snowmobile excursion including hot drinks and snacks
- An ice sculpting lesson
- Winter clothing is provided for the duration of your stay at Lapland Guesthouse and for the excursions at Icehotel
- Access to the sauna and hot tub at Lapland Guesthouse
The price is based on two people sharing a double or twin room at Icehotel and at Lapland Guesthouse.
Interesting in spending a night on a bed of ice? Get in touch to upgrade to a cold room at the Icehotel.
A driving License in required to drive a snowmobile.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today. A popular option is to spend a night or two in Sweden's capital, Stockholm before or after a Lapland adventure. Get in touch to find out more.