£1543 per person
3 out of 5
Visit Finland’s easy-going capital Helsinki. Spend the night at the fabulous Lilla Roberts Hotel and visit some key sights before flying high above the Arctic Circle to spend three nights at the beautiful Aurora Village, deep in the heart of Finnish Lapland. Meet the resident reindeer, mush your very own team of huskies and keep a look out for the northern lights swirling overhead. before returning back to the UK feeling relaxed, refreshed and revitalised.
Day 1 | Arrive in Helsinki
Fly to Helsinki. On arrival, take a private transfer to Lilla Roberts Hotel in the city and dine at the wonderful Krog Roba Restaurant (the city’s former police station!) Perhaps, take a stroll through the snow dusted city before heading to bed in the evening.
Day 2 | Fly to Finnish Lapland
Take a private transfer back to Helsinki Airport and fly to Finnish Lapland. On arrival, transfer to Aurora Village. Settle in and explore your new surroundings before enjoying an ice kart race. Dine in the restaurant in the evening. Later, hop inside a covered and heated Aurora sleigh and relax as your guide will take you to a spot where the northern lights may be swirling overhead.
Day 3 | Snow Safari
After breakfast, you’ll be given a bag of lichen and the friendly resident reindeer will come up close to feed out of your hand before you enjoy a short reindeer sleigh ride. Once breakfast is over for you and the reindeer, you will enjoy a snowmobile safari into the Lappish wilderness. Enjoy lunch cooked on an open fire before making your way back to Aurora Village to relax and dine in the evening.
Day 4 | Husky Sled Ride
Today, head out into the wilderness on a sleigh pulled by energetic huskies! Ride in pairs with one person sitting in the sleigh and the other mushing. Enjoy lunch in the wilderness and learn about huskies from your guide, a professional musher. Later swap places, so both get to try mushing hands-on. The sauna and Jacuzzi will be ready for your private use upon our return before dinner in evening.
Day 5 | Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer to Ivalo airport and fly back to London via Helsinki.
Where will I rest my head?
- One night accommodation in a Junior Suite at Lilla Roberts in Helsinki (including breakfast)
- Three nights accommodation at Aurora Village (all meals included).
- Return airport transfers from Helsinki and Ivalo.
- A reindeer feeding and photography experience and reindeer sleigh ride
- A two hour Aurora Sleigh Adventure (covered and heated sleigh pulled by a snowmobile) in search of the Northern Lights (hot drinks and snacks included)
- A two hour husky safari (2 people per sleigh)
- A 1 hour Ice Karting race (no age limit, must be minimum height of 140cm to reach pedals)
- A four hour snowmobile safari including lunch (adults driving, children under 12 years pulled in a sleigh, over 12 can sit on the back of adult/parents snowmobile. Driving licence in required to drive.)
- A 1 hour 30 minute private sauna and Jacuzzi experience.
- Access to Kota and Laavu campfire sites.
This itinerary is based a suggestion of four people (two adults and two children). Two people per Aurora Cabin, and one Junior Suite with two extra beds.
Winter clothing is provided for the duration of your stay which includes thermal overalls, balaclava, gloves, socks and boots. Free use of cross-country skis, ice-skates, toboggans, snowshoes.
The cabins include a fridge, hair dryer, espresso machine, kettle and free Wi-Fi.