£2145 per person
3 out of 5
From nights spent gazing at the stars from the comfort of your very own bed in a glass-roofed igloo, to days out discovering the beautiful snowy wilderness. You’ll visit the Finnish capital first before heading north to explore the Lappish landscape by snowmobile and husky sled. And, if you’re lucky enough Mother Nature may come out to play when darkness falls, filling the sky with the swirling ribbons of the incredible Aurora Borealis.
Day 1 | Arrive in Helsinki
Fly to Helsinki. On arrival, take a private transfer to Lilla Roberts Hotel in the city and dine at the wonderful Krog Roba Restaurant (the city’s former police station!) Perhaps, take a stroll through the snow dusted city before heading to bed in the evening.
Day 2 | Golden Crown Resort
Take a private transfer back to Helsinki Airport and fly to Finnish Lapland. Settle into the Golden Crown and explore your new surroundings before enjoying dinner in the restaurant. When darkness falls, head out on an adventurous but comfortable trip to the top of Levi fell by snowcat! It’s the perfect spot to search for the northern lights and stargaze after dark.
Day 3 | Lainio Snow Village
Embark on an exhilarating guided snowmobile trip which includes a visit to Lainio Snow Village for a tour of the Ice Hotel and Ice Chapel. Return to Golden Crown and enjoy dinner in the evening. When darkness falls, snuggle up and keep a look out overhead for the northern lights from the comfort of your igloo or private Jacuzzi.
Day 4 | Husky Safari
Born to run, take the reins today and find out that sled dogs are astonishingly keen! Your two hour exhilarating husky safari includes a stop for some hit drinks around an open fire. In the evening enjoy a night reindeer sleigh ride in search of the northern lights. If you’re keen to hit slopes, you’re in the right place. Levi, Finland largest ski resort is just a short bus ride away. Book a lesson or just spend time gentling gliding on the wide slopes.
Day 5 | Departure Day
After breakfast, bid farewell to Lapland and transfer to Kittila Airport for your return flight to London via Helsinki.
Where will I rest my head?
- Return private airport transfers from Helsinki Airport to the Lilla Roberts Hotel in Helsinki
- Return private transfers from Kittila Airport to Golden Crown to Kittila Airport
- Return private transfers from Golden Crown to Levi resort centre
- A two hour Northern Lights hunt by snowcat including hot drinks and snacks
- A two hour Northern Lights hunt by reindeer sleigh
- A five hour snowmobile excursion to Lainio Snow Village including lunch (2 people per snowmobile, and driving licence is required to drive a snowmobile)
- A two hour husky safari including hot drinks and nibbles (two people per sled)
- Winter clothing is provided for excursions.
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing a double or a twin room at The Golden Crown in Finnish Lapland.
Get in touch to find out about more Helsinki hotels and other glass igloo accommodations.
Want a price including flights? Get in touch today.