£3878 per person
4 out of 5
This seven night Aurora extravaganza has been designed to maximise your chances of seeing Mother Nature’s most famous light show. You’ll travel high above the Arctic Circle to discover the winter wonderland of Swedish Lapland, exploring by snowshoe and snowmobile. From Abisko and a evening at the world-famous Aurora Sky Station to a night spent on a bed of ice at the world’s most elaborate igloo, you’ll even gaze at the night sky from the comfort of an outdoor hot tub at the beautiful Lapland Guesthouse.
Day 1 | Arrive in Swedish Lapland
Arrive in Swedish Lapland and transfer to your cabin with its own private hot tub and sauna, and check in for two nights. Relax and enjoy dinner at Restaurant Lapporten in the evening.
Day 2 | Abisko & the Aurora Sky Station
This morning, enjoy a guided snowshoe and ice fishing trip with an experienced local guide. When darkness falls, you’ll travel by chairlift over beautiful scenery to the Aurora Sky Station where you will be served a four-course dinner. Take a guided tour of the Station which has a terrace and lookout tower to watch for the Northern Lights.
Day 3 | Husky Safari & Icehotel
After breakfast, enjoy an exhilarating husky safari. After lunch, depart Abisko and travel to world-renowned ICEHOTEL. On arrival, enjoy a guided tour and learn how a team of artists create this arctic masterpiece every year before heading to the resort’s Ice Restaurant for a five-course meal. Tonight you will spend the night in ICEHOTEL 365.
Day 4 | Lapland Guesthouse
Today, transfer to Lapland Guesthouse for a four night stay. Enjoy lunch and collect your winter suits for the duration of your stay. Later, join Mia in the Blacksmith’s workshop to create your own piece of jewellery or a souvenir. Head to the main house for dinner and in the evening step outside to see if the Northern Lights are dancing in the sky.
Day 5 | Snowmobile to a Reindeer Farm
This morning, take an exhilarating 30-minute snowmobile ride through the forest to visit reindeer grazing grounds. Spend time with the wandering reindeer, enjoy an outdoor lunch and learn how reindeer herding traditions have changed over time. Travel back to the guesthouse in the afternoon for dinner.
Day 6 | Quad Driving
Today, you’ll drive four wheel ice quads through a beautiful snowy landscape. Take a unique track along the river Lainio, through abandoned farms and deserted houses on this incredibly unique experience. Return to the guesthouse and warm up in the lakeside sauna and Jacuzzi before dinner.
Day 7 | Free Day
Spend the day at leisure. Perhaps take to the nearby trails by snowshoe or cross country skis, head out on a snowmobile adventure or try your hand at ice sculpting. The lakeside sauna and Jacuzzi can be prepared for you in the afternoon and as darkness falls, keep an eye out for the Northern Lights dancing overhead on your final night in Lapland.
Day 8 | Departure Day
After breakfast, bid farewell to Lapland Guesthouse and transfer to Kiruna Airport for your departure plans.
Where will I rest my head?
- Private transfer from Kiruna Airport to Björkliden Mountain Resort
- Private transfer from Björkliden Mountain Resort to the Aurora Sky Station chairlift
- Private transfer from Björkliden Mountain Resort to ICEHOTEL
- Private transfer from Icehotel to Lapland Guesthouse
- Private transfer from Lapland Guesthouse to Kiruna Airport
- Two nights accommodation in a Solhyllan Log Cabins at Björkliden Mountain Resort including breakfast (and dinner on arrival day)
- One night accommodation in a Jáuvre Deluxe Suite at Icehotel 365 including dinner at the ICE Restaurant on arrival day and breakfast on departure day
- Four nights accommodation in a Superior Room at Lapland Guesthouse on a full-board basis (breakfast, lunches served either at the guesthouse or on excursions, and a 3-course evening meal)
- A private guided snowshoe hike and ice fishing experience
- A trip to the Aurora Sky Station including a four-course meal, chairlift ticket, Arctic style overalls, warm boots and guided tour at STF Aurora Sky Station
- A husky safari
- A two hour snowmobile excursion to visit reindeer including lunch (2 people per snowmobile)
- A three hour quad experience including lunch
- A two hour blacksmith lesson with Mia
- Access to the sauna and hot tub at Lapland Guesthouse
- Winter clothing provided for any excursions at all accommodation
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing a double or a twin room at Björkliden Mountain Resort in Abisko, an art suite at Icehotel and a double or twin room at Lapland Guesthouse in Swedish Lapland. Get in touch to find out about more hotels and works of art in wild Sweden.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.