Best Time To Go
December - March
£1755 per person
3 out of 5
Travel high above the Arctic Circle to the heart of Finnish Lapland to spend four nights on the edge of frozen Lake Inari. Sleep in a beautiful glass-roofed igloo keeping an eye out for the magical northern lights dancing overhead. Zip across wintry plateaus by snowmobile and learn to steer a team of energised huskies through Lapland’s snowy forests before resting weary limbs in the lakeside sauna.
Day 1 | Arrive in Finland & Aurora Camp
Fly to Finnish Lapland and transfer to the beautiful Wilderness Hotel Inari. Spend your first night in a glass-roofed Aurora Cabin. Enjoy dinner in the lakeside restaurant before heading out into the wilderness to an Aurora Camp to search for the magical northern lights dancing overhead. Enjoy the northern sky all the way to the camp before unwinding around a blazing campfire with hot drinks.
Day 2 | Snowmobile Safari & Sauna
After breakfast, check out of your Aurora Cabin and into a comfortable Wilderness Room. Today, you will head out and travel across frozen Lake Inari by snowmobile. All winter clothing will be provided and a stop will be made for lunch around an open fire. Later return to the hotel to relax and warm tired muscles in the sauna before dining in the restaurant in the evening.
Day 3 | Husky Safari
Born to run, take the reins today and find out that sled dogs are astonishingly keen! Your three hour exhilarating husky safari includes a stop for lunch. Return to the hotel in the afternoon and take time to relax, or ask at the reception for a pair of snowshoes and head out into the forest to explore the beautiful wilderness.
Day 4 | Optional Snowshoe Excursion
Spend today at leisure, enjoy the beautiful surroundings at your own pace or perhaps choose from an activity or two. Why not ask at the reception for a pair of snowshoes and head out into the forest to explore the beautiful wilderness? Return for dinner in the restaurant and prepare for your final night in Lapland.
Day 5 | Departure Day
Bid farewell to Finnish Lapland and transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Mrs Dawson and family stayed at Wilderness Hotel Inari in Finnish Lapland in February 2023
Emma was professional, friendly and had the experience to give us the advice we needed for a magical experience to celebrate a special birthday! The hotels she recommended and the excursions she suggested were top notch! A wonderful time was had by all of us!
Where will I rest my head?
- Return airport transfers
- One night in a glass-roofed Aurora Cabin including buffet breakfast
- Three nights in a Wilderness Hotel Room including buffet breakfast
- Lunch and dinner throughout starting with dinner on day of arrival and ending with breakfast on day of departure (lunch may be served around a campfire during activities)
- Guided snowmobile safari including campfire lunch based on two people sharing a snowmobile (driver and passenger) with the opportunity to swap around. Duration 4 hours.
- Guided husky safari and farm visit based on two people handling their own dog team (musher and passenger) with the opportunity to swap around. Includes hot drink and biscuits. Duration 3 hours (1 hour on the sled)
- Guided Aurora Camp activity including hot drink and biscuits
- Specialist thermal winter clothing for the duration of your stay (thermal overalls, boots, mittens and hat)
- Traditional Finnish sauna experience. Duration 30 minutes.
- Snowshoes can be borrowed from reception
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing an Aurora Cabin and a double or twin room at Wilderness Hotel Inari.
- All Where The Wild Is customers have free access to their holiday details via mobile travel app. All travel documents, detailed travel itinerary, flight details (when supplied), packing lists, resort information, dining recommendations etc are stored in the easy to use app, which is an excellent tool for travelling.
- Where The Wild Is have a dedicated 24-hour emergency assistance telephone line, which gives you peace of mind that should you need help while you are away, we are just a phone call away.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.