Best Time To Go
December - March
£3320 per person
3 out of 5
This adventure of a lifetime crosses borders, allowing time in both Finnish and Swedish Lapland. From nights spent gazing at the stars from the comfort of a glass-roofed igloo to days meeting resident reindeer and discovering the snowy wilderness by husky sled, snowmobile and snowshoe. When darkness falls be sure to keep a lookout for dazzling displays of the Aurora Borealis.
Day 1 | Arrive in Lapland & Northern Lights Hunt
Arrive in Lapland and transfer to Lapland Guesthouse in Sweden. Check-in for five nights. In the evening enjoy an excursion to search for the northern lights, travelling in a sled behind a guide with hot drinks and cake whilst you gaze at the northern lights that may be dancing overhead.
Day 2 | Dog Sledding & Lakeside Sauna
Wrap up warm and grab the reins as you embark on an exhilarating husky safari into the untouched wilderness of the Arctic with a trusty team of dogs. Stop for lunch which will be cooked outside on an open fire. Travel back to the guesthouse in the afternoon. Why not warm up in the lakeside sauna before dinner?
Day 3 | Snowmobile Safari To Visit Reindeer
This morning you’ll travel through the forest by snowmobile to a nearby reindeer grazing ground. Stop for hot drinks and lunch in the heart of Swedish Lapland. Return to the guesthouse and enjoy dinner in the main house on your final night at Lapland Guesthouse.
Day 4 | Relaxing & Optional Snowshoe Hike
Perhaps grab a pair of snowshoes and hike through the wintry forest trails close to the guesthouse or opt for a guided hike with a local guide. When evening arrives, don't forget to step outside when darkness falls to hunt for the northern lights.
Day 5 | Ice Fishing
After breakfast, you'll go on an ice fishing trip which includes lunch cooked outside on an open fire. Learn how to make a hole in the ice and fish whilst enjoying the peaceful surroundings. Return to the guesthouse in the afternoon. Why not relax in the sauna and outdoor hot tub before dinner?
Day 6 | Glass Igloo Stay
Transfer to the fabulous Golden Crown resort in Finnish Lapland. Settle into a glass-roofed igloo for a two-night stay. Enjoy dinner in the restaurant. When darkness falls, snuggle up and keep a look out overhead from the comfort of your own bed as the northern lights may be dancing in the sky.
Day 7 | | Ski Day & Glass Igloo Stay
If you’re keen to hit slopes, you’re in the right place. Levi, Finland's largest ski resort is just a short bus ride away. Book a lesson or just spend time gently gliding the slopes. Perhaps spend some time at the resort centre with its gift shops and cafes. Later return to relax in your cosy glass igloo. Enjoy dinner before your final night in Lapland. Be sure to keep a look out for the flickering Aurora above as you drift off to sleep.
Day 8 | Departure Day
After breakfast, bid farewell to Lapland and transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Private transfers throughout
- Five nights at Lapland Guesthouse in Swedish Lapland including breakfast, lunch* and dinner
- Two nights in a glass-roofed igloo at Levin Iglut Golden Crown in Finnish Lapland including breakfast and dinner on arrival night
- Search for the northern lights after dark with an experienced guide. Travel in a sleigh pulled by a snowmobile and enjoy hot drinks and snacks served around a campfire in the wilderness
- Four-hour husky safari, two people per sled - one musher and one passenger, with the opportunity to swap around midway, including lunch
- Four-hour ice fishing trip including lunch cooked outside
- Three-hour snowmobile excursion to visit wild reindeer, two people per snowmobile, including lunch cooked outside on an open fire
- Winter clothing is provided for the duration of your stay at Lapland Guesthouse
- Access to the sauna and hot tub at Lapland Guesthouse
*some lunches are served outside on excursions
A driving license is required to drive a snowmobile.
Snowshoes can be rented from Lapland Guesthouse and guided hikes can be booked if required.
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing a small ensuite double or a twin room at Lapland Guesthouse and a Superior Igloo at Levin Iglut Golden Crown. Get in touch to find out about more places to stay in Swedish and Finnish Lapland.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.