Best Time To Go
February - March
£2770 per person
3 out of 5
This four-night adventure takes you high above the Arctic Circle to discover the winter wonderland of Swedish Lapland. From a night spent on a bed of ice at the world’s most elaborate igloo to Abisko and an evening at the world-famous Aurora Sky Station, you’ll explore the snow-drenched landscape by snowmobile and husky sled. When darkness falls, keep a lookout for Mother Nature’s most famous light show dancing overhead.
Northern Lights over Abisko National Park. Photo by David Becker on Unsplash
Day 1 | Arrive in Lapland & Wilderness Dinner
Fly to Swedish Lapland and transfer to the Icehotel. Check in to your warm room for an overnight stay In the evening enjoy a three-course meal in a wilderness camp.
Image by Staffan Widstrand/imagebank.sweden.se
Day 2 | Icehotel & Dog Sledding
Today, you can enjoy a self-guided tour of Icehotel and of the permanent Icehotel 365. Spend time at leisure exploring the ornately carved suites. After lunch embark on a husky safari into the wilderness. Return later and enjoy a four-course dinner in the Ice Restaurant before wrapping up in thermal sleeping bags for your night on a bed of ice in a Deluxe Suite complete with a private warm bathroom.
Day 3 | Abisko & Aurora Sky Station
You’ll be woken with a hot lingonberry juice this morning and after a relaxing and warming sauna head to the restaurant for breakfast. After lunch transfer to Abisko where you will stay for two nights in a luxury cabin. In the evening, visit the magnificent Aurora Sky Station. You’ll travel 20 minutes by chairlift where you will be served a four-course dinner and will be able to search for the northern lights.
Day 4 | Snowmobile Safari in Abisko National Park
Enjoy breakfast before embarking upon a snowmobile adventure. You’ll return to your lodge by mid-afternoon to relax in the private sauna and hot tub.
Day 5 | Departure Day
After breakfast, bid farewell to Abisko and transfer to the Airport for your departure flight.
Where will I rest my head?
- Private transfers throughout
- Two nights at the world-famous Icehotel including all meals
- The first night will be spent in a warm hotel room
- The second night will be spent in a Deluxe Suite carved entirely of ice with a private warm bathroom
- Four-course Ice Menu dinner with initial amuse-bouche served in Icehotel Restaurant
- Three-course wilderness dining experience, cooked by your guide in a remote, woodland camp. The menu is inspired by the 8 seasons of Swedish Lapland. Includes transfer to and from the camp by minivan.
- Two nights in a Luxury Lodge with a private hot tub on the terrace in Bjorkliden close to Abisko National Park including all meals which are served at a nearby hotel
- Guided husky safari travelling as a passenger on your guide's sled. Includes wilderness coffee and cake served around an open fire
- An evening spent at the Aurora Sky Station
- The package includes a four-course dinner made with local produce and traditional flavours, a return chairlift ticket, Arctic-style overalls, warm boots, and a guided tour at STF Aurora Sky Station.
- Guided snowmobile tour into the winter landscape of Abisko National Park and beyond. Based on two people sharing a snowmobile (driver and passenger) with the opportunity to swap around midway. Includes pick-up from Björkliden for transfer to starting point. Also includes traditional Swedish fika (hot drink and biscuits).
- Winter clothing is provided for any excursions at all accommodation
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing Deluxe Suite Johka at Icehotel 365. Speak to us for details and information about Deluxe Suite Hilla, Jáuvre or the various Art Suites on offer.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.