£2162 per person
3 out of 5
Lapland’s capital Rovaniemi, is an Arctic playground where resident reindeer outnumber the people. Stay amongst the treetops in your very own treehouse, enjoy days taking part in exhilarating excursions through the glittering wilderness and spend nights snuggled up in your glass igloo searching for the Northern Lights. With so many wonderful experiences to enjoy, memories are made here.
Day 1 | Arrive in Finnish Lapland
Fly to Rovaniemi in Lapland. On arrival transfer to the fabulous Arctic Treehouse Hotel and check in for a two night stay. Once you’ve settled in, why not head outside and enjoy some time in the snow? Later enjoy dinner in the restaurant and keep a watchful eye for the Northern Lights from the comfort of your very own treehouse.
Day 2 | Snowmobile Safari
After breakfast, embark on a snowmobile safari! Your guide will take you down lesser-travelled trails in the backwoods, giving you the chance to see incredible natural sights that can’t be reached on shorter trips. Stop for lunch where your guide will prepare a delicious Lappish meal by an open fire. If you’re lucky you may have the chance to drive on pure, untouched powder snow. Later, return to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel for dinner in the evening.
Day 3 | Arctic SnowHotel
Today, enjoy a leisurely morning before transferring to the Arctic SnowHotel. Upon arrival check in for a two night stay before taking a guided tour of the hotel. Your guide will tell you about the building process and history of this hotel made entirely of ice and snow — walk around the hotel rooms, Ice restaurant, Ice chapel and Ice bar and marvel at the Arctic masterpiece. Enjoy dinner at the Ice restaurant in the evening for an incredibly unique dining experience.
Day 4 | Snowshoe & Sauna Experience
Today head out on a snowshoe excursion. Your guide will show you how to walk through the beautiful snow-covered forest and take you to the nearby frozen lake. Stop for hot drinks and roast sausages over an open fire. In the afternoon enjoy a full Arctic sauna experience where you will have private use of a traditional Finnish sauna, the snow sauna, a Jacuzzi and a beverage of choice. Dine at Kota Restaurant for traditional Lappish delicacies in the evening.
Day 5 | Departure Day
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport for your departure plans.
Where will I rest my head?
- Private transfer from Rovaniemi Airport to the Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Private transfer from the Arctic Treehouse Hotel to the Arctic SnowHotel
- Private transfer from the Arctic SnowHotel to Rovaniemi Airport
- Two nights at the Arctic Treehouse Hotel in a Treehouse Suite on a half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- Two nights at the Arctic SnowHotel in a glass igloo on a half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- A six hour snowmobile excursion with lunch cooked on an open fire and hot drinks included
- A guide tour of the Arctic SnowHotel
- A two hour guided snowshoe excursion including hot drinks and roasted sausages
- A three-course dinner for two at the Ice Restaurant
- A three-course dinner for two at Kota Restaurant
- A one hour and thirty minute Arctic sauna experience with private use of a traditional Finnish sauna, a snow sauna, a Jacuzzi and a beverage of choice included
- Winter clothing is provided for all excursions (full body suits, gloves, hats, balaclavas)
As you are close to Rovaniemi town centre (around 12 minutes by taxi) transfers can be organised to take you into the town to
explore the shops and enjoy lunch, or perhaps visit the museum.
The price of this suggestion is based on two people sharing a Treehouse Suite at the Arctic Treehouse Hotel and a glass igloo at the Arctic SnowHotel in Rovaniemi. Get in touch to find out about more hotels in Finnish Lapland and other works of art in the trees.
Would you like a price including flights? Get in touch today.